Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Wednesday 22.5: Clean and jerk, Elizabeth

Wednesday. Clean & jerk 3-3-3 (70kg). Elizabeth.

Alright, after few days off the barbell and doing those triple cleans on Monday really feels in my upper back today. It is sensitive but after warming up it didn't bother me at all. I took clean & jerks and then Elizabeth was for dessert. Had some problems during it so couldn't finish strong.


Strength. Clean & jerk 3-3-3 (70, 70, 70kg). Quick sets of clean & jerk with moderate weight. I had that tough metcon ahead of me so I decided to keep this lighter, not going to max weights nor high reps. I felt very good cleaning and jerking the barbell with this weight. Had decided on the weights beforehand.

Elizabeth
  • 21-15-9
  • Squat cleans, 60kg
  • Ring dips
I began the benchmark workout with force. I felt strong and completed the set of 21's squat cleans with 11 reps at first attempt, then 5 and 5. As I walked to the rings something awkward happened. I felt enormous pain in my guts, the burn in my stomach was huge and it was difficult to overcome it. I  started to do the ring dips, did 7 of them I believe after which the same pain returned. Another set of ring dips and another pain wave. Feeling was disgusting.

I grabbed the barbell after the ring dips were done. Set of 15 squat cleans was ahead of me. I did them in sets of 5 reps and after each set I was wondering what the heck is wrong with my body. After the third set to finish the second round it was over for me. Simply felt too bad to continue.

I felt miserable for not being able to continue and finish the workout. Guilt was the first feeling that popped in my mind. How is it not possible to continue with mental strength. Then on the other hand, I felt like I'm gonna shit my pants if I don't quit. I took a break for 10 minutes, then slowly completed the rest of the reps with no hurry. That was simply a decision not to quit. I wanted to perform the rest of the repetitions, no matter the time. After the set of 15 squat cleans my time was around 5.20. No idea what it would have been had I completed the workout. On the first Elizabeth my time was 10.28. It would have definitely been quicker this time.



No comments:

Post a Comment