Friday, November 15, 2013

Friday 15.11: Skills and technique

Friday. Active work. Skills, 200-300 double unders. Row 2x500m full throttle. 4x15 burpees. Mobility and technique in hang power snatch and overhead squats.

I had no plan entering the gym. The only thing I knew it's gonna be a light day, my upper body is aching and it's been about a month since last rest day so this was a good call I suppose. Still, I wanted to put my heart do some work so there were some double unders, rowing and burpees involved. Some pure technique and mobility with barbell finished the training session. Toni and Joni tagged along for the workouts.

Chad Vaughn


Skills. Double unders. We did sets of 20 reps with Toni, alternating turns, simply to warm-up and focus on skills. After 5 rounds Toni dared to challenge completing max reps double unders. The reps varied between 20 and 47 reps so hard to say what was the total number of reps.

I believe my form was good. I focused strongly in keeping my torso straight, trying to be as effective as possible. I still didn't tape it so I don't know how it really looks like but I tried to check it from the mirror while jumping. Looked solid in my opinion. Good job.




Row / Burpees. My intention was to do 5 rounds of 500m row and 15 burpees, just for completion, not for time. My pace on the rower was 1.39 on the first round and 1.43 on the second one. Then some guy came and took over the rower while I was doing my burpees. Nice… So I had to skip rowing and focus on burpees. Held a pause between burpee sets. Total of 60 reps of burpees and 1k row rather fast.




Mobility. In the end I did a lot of mobility stuff with barbell. Just empty bar, 20kg. I've watched Annie Thorisdottir, Fredrik Aegidius and Chad Vaughn in Instagram and got inspiration to work on hang snatch pull and hang snatch sets, focusing on bar path. Then today's post of "Olychad" got me working towards improved mobility on overhead squats. Take a look at the picture above, that's freaking sick! His mobility is from another planet. Working towards that as well, some day…

Take a look at the boys doing some squat clean in the videos above. Toni and Joni are playing star roles in the videos.



No comments:

Post a Comment