Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Tuesday 26.11: Clean complex

Tuesday. 10 sets of the following clean complex: 2 power clean, 2 squat clean, 2 front squats. Most sets at 80kg.

Today it was all about cleans. Just old school barbell work. Complexes are a genius way to build up strength and muscular endurance with heavier weights. Grip strength is a crucial part of a successful complex. Definitely worth doing these type of training!



Clean complex.

  • 10 sets of the following complex:
  • 2 power cleans
  • 2 squat cleans
  • 2 front squats
  • 1x60kg, 1x70kg, 8x80kg
This workout was a quicker one, concentrating in strength. The weight is 80% of my 1rm clean. The idea was to do 2 power cleans, 2 squat clean and 2 front squats with one grip, you're not supposed to re-grip at any point. Classical complex stuff. It's taxing on the forearms and grip. Well okay, I started to feel it on my legs as well.





I took the first set at 60kg, the second at 70kg, and the rest of the sets at 80kg. I wasn't sure how many sets I would be doing today. Originally I had thought about doing something like 6 sets but it felt good and we were short on time with Pauliina so I wasn't able to complete a metcon so I lengthened the number of sets to 10 complexes.




The 80kg barbell started to feel heavy, got to say that. Still, I had no problems getting the reps done. I feel like the weight was correct. Definitely not any lighter. I was thinking about going for 85kg but I think this was good for today. Yesterday was a tough day with a hero workout in program. This was a good complex, I seem to love 'em!







1 comment:

  1. That clip in the video is the 7th set. I was able to manhandle the weight nicely. Maybe I could have tried heavier stuff as well.

    ReplyDelete