Saturday, November 9, 2013

Saturday 9.11: Pull-ups and push-ups

Saturday. Metcon, 15 rounds of: 10 pull-ups and 10 push-ups.

We are getting a new bed today at home, the delivery company is bringing it 3-4 weeks after purchase. So there was a small time cap to do a morning workout together with my lady at the gym. There was still a slight smell in the hallways that I talked about yesterday but this time the gym was odor-free =) It was difficult to get my body ready for the metcon but once I got it, the workout rolled on smoothly.



Metcon.

  • 15 rounds of:
  • 10 pull-ups
  • 10 push-ups


I was looking to do 10 rounds of the couplet. However, it felt good so I decided to upgrade it to 15 rounds on the fly. Total of 150 reps both moves. I did both of them unbroken each round, that pleased me a lot. Okay, there wasn't that many reps per round but considering the total amount could have brought some issues. And I felt like I could have continued unbroken further. I was tempted to do couple of extra rounds but we had to run back home.




Both movements were a steady performance, no misses, no no-reps, no nothing negative. It went very well actually! Haven't done push-ups in a long time, a good basic movement and worth doing continuously. I suppose my triceps have also become stronger because of huge loads of handstand push-ups. I left the gym with a smile on my face, this was a good training day.




Recap of the workout




No comments:

Post a Comment