Sunday, November 3, 2013

Sunday 3.11: Squat snatch, ohs metcon

Sunday. Technique, squat snatch (40-55kg). Metcon for quality, 21-15-9, overhead squats (40kg), ring dips, k2e.

Sunday was reserved for learning better technique on the squat snatch. I promised myself to keep concentrating on this movement after I got my weightlifting shoes. The movement is so much more stabile once I got to wear those magical shoes. The metcon's idea was to concentrate on hitting it through with style, trying to go as much unbroken as possible, no matter the time.



Technique. Squat snatch, several sets @ different weights, starting easily with 20-30kg reps, adding it little by little up to 50-55kg. Wasn't able to do squat snatch at 55kg, it turned out to be a power snatch after all. Anyway, I did all reps from hang except those 50+ attempts. That's because the 10kg plates are so small that it's easier to do from hang position.



My mobility has taken huge leaps compared to times before summer. This movement was a tough move for a very long time as well as overhead squat. It's getting better all the time. Lots of stuff to do still, both mobility and technique wise. I'm very happy I'm able to do these anyway, they seemed too challenging at some point earlier this year. Just have to believe and see the successful future.




Metcon. For quality.

  • 21-15-9
  • Overhead squats, 40kg
  • Ring dips
  • Knees-to-elbows

This one was not a timed metcon. Sunday training was a little easier on my lungs and heart. They had their share on the metcon but it intentionally wasn't a 100% rage. My main focus was to do these 3 movement of which 2 (ohs and ring dips) are movements that I haven't been training for in a while. I wanted to do the overhead squats unbroken and I reached that goal! From the video I realized the squat depth was a bit shallow, got to focus on them next time. I thought it was good but it could have been a little deeper.


Recap


Ring dips are always tough. Doesn't seem to get easy at all =) On the first round I did 15+6, on the second round it was 10+5 and unbroken on the last one. K2e's were unbroken all the way. The best achievement in this metcon was to nail the ohs unbroken. This was a good way to finish this training week.






No comments:

Post a Comment