Sunday, November 10, 2013

Sunday 10.11: squat emom, 15min amrap

Sunday. Strength, back squat emom, 3 reps (100-110kg), for 9min. Metcon, 15mi  amrap of: 8 back squat (60kg), 20 du, 5 hspu. Result, 9 rds + 8 squats.

Time to squat! This time it was emom training, good way to increase strength and conditioning simultaneously. Then I did a metcon I stole from Pony, this one was their affiliate's workout of the day.






Strength. Back squat, every minute on the minute.
  • 3 reps per min, for 9 minutes
  • 3x100, 3x105, 3x110kg

Very solid performance. Guess I should add the stakes on the squat emoms, these weights moved pretty nicely down and back up, each minute. I did 3minutes with 100kg, then 3min @ 105kg and finally 3min @ 110kg. Suppose there's no other way but to add a few kilos on the barbell. It got my heart pumping just like an emom is supposed to, loved it! The load was nice but as I look at the reps on video, it looks like there could have been more stuff hanging on the bar.


Recap of the squats


Metcon. Result 9 rds + 8 squats
  • 8 back squat, 60kg
  • 20 double unders
  • 5 handstand push-ups

I can't see myself programming a workout with 60kg on back squats. In anyway possible. However, Toni messaged me their workout of the day in the morning and as I wasn't sure about the metcon I had planned to do, I decided to think about it. For a while I thought about adding more weight on the squats (80kg) but then I saw myself doing this wod and realized the nature behind this workout is a traditional crossfit ideology. The movements were not tough, not heavy and you're supposed to keep on moving no matter how it feels. As you see on the round times I was able to maintain an exceptionally solid pace throughout the 15 minutes. All movements were done unbroken. There was a 10 meter distance between my barbell and "hspu station". There is only one place at the gym where you can do hspu's against a wall. The devices and mirrors are on the way otherwise.








There was a good number of reps, 80 squats @ 60kg, 180 du's and 45 handstand push-ups. The most important thing was that I was able to keep going without breaks. Very good!













4 comments:

  1. I'll a video afterwards as there seems to be a connection problem with my wifi...

    We baked some gingerbreads with my baby, christmas is coming very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, Pauliina did her first double under ever, that was smooth baby!!! Congrats :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a video of the squat emom now updated on the post!

    ReplyDelete