Saturday, November 16, 2013

Saturday 16.11: Kettlebell action

Saturday. Metcon, emom, 15 kb swings @ 32kg, for 10 minutes. Total of 150 reps.

For a second I was thinking about taking a rest day today. That's because yesterday was a looooong day. After work I went to the gym with Toni, then straight to a theater with a bunch of colleagues. By the way it was hilarious! The show consisted of three guys talking about their lives as men and the plot was that they were shooting a film describing guys' thoughts. Good show!



Then, I came home where Pauliina was spending the evening with her friend. After couple of hours the the four of us (Pauliina's friend's fiancé tagged along) went to a Jonne Aaron gig which started at midnight. After the gig we stayed there for some time dancing. So it was over 3:00 in the morning when we returned home. Well, I tend to stay sober so that was no issue =) But still it was a fun, long and tiring day and I needed lots of sleep to get back in the game. We ate well and then it was time to workout in the evening!



Metcon.

  • Every minute on the minute, for 10 minutes
  • 15 kettlebell swings, 32kg
  • Total of 150 reps

This is something I recommend for everyone every once in a awhile. It's such an all-around workout. American style kettlebell swing itself is a king movement. American style means you swing it straight overhead, Russian style means eye-level swing. I always go for american style because there's more work to be done. Once you're anyway swinging, why not go all the way overhead?




First I was thinking about doing 30sec on, 30sec off. I timed how many reps I could nail in 30 seconds. The answer was 16 reps. So I figured let's do emom workout, 15 reps per minute. It took me about 28 seconds each round. I got the rounds unbroken each minute. Grip strength started to become an issue in the middle of the workout and it turned to mental workout from then on.




I decided before the workout that I'm gonna go unbroken all the way, no matter what, no matter the pain. I knew it's gonna get mental at some stage and I'll have to push through those bad thoughts about taking a short break. There's no need to have a break. Muscles can go further than the mind tries to tell. I'm happy I followed my game plan. This was a good workout!


It was quite dark in the evening, can you see anything? =)



Theater about to start!


Jonne Aaron


2 comments:

  1. Thanks Pauliina for the pics =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you in american swings. If you can handle the weight and perform swing with full range of motion and good form I see no reason doing it russian style. Have you tried one arm KB swing?

    ReplyDelete