Saturday, November 16, 2013

October stats

October stats. Important figures from October training month.

First thoughts that come in my mind after thinking about what kind of training month October was: very well-rounded month. Lots of barbell work (83k), lots of squatting, getting stronger on my legs. It was not only good month strength-wise but there was also lots of skills work and bodyweight movements. Think about my 370 hspu's and 445 pull-ups, 257 t2b's and 488 box jumps. In addition there was 20k rowing / running metcons. Good month.




Benchmark workouts.

  • Diane, 9.47 (PR)
  • Hammer, 18.45 (PR)
  • 2 x Annie, 6.26 (PR)


Hammer is always a killer. I improved my time somewhat this time. This was the second time goind after hero workout Hammer: 5 rounds of 5 power cleans, 10 front squats, 5 push jerks and 20 pull-ups. No wonder that the pull-ups are gonna make the forearms scream for honey. I managed this workout pretty well for 3 full rounds, the last 2 rounds were pure agony.

I recall one day I didn't what metcon to do so I did Annie, double unders and sit-ups. Felt like I had more energy after doing her and I wanted to practice on my du's, so I did it twice =) Got a PR also on this benchmark wod.





Strength. 83.000kg

  • Back squat, 18.000kg
  • Front squat, 14.500kg
  • Deadlift, 14.800kg


There was also several days of cleaning, jerking and clean & jerks. However, October was scheduled to increase leg strength. And I finally got a good number of squatting done, both back and front squats. Overhead squats were non existing, I compensated that with squat snatch training. Never squatted this much: 18k back squats and 14k front squats, total of 32.000kg squatting in one month. I took different type of training approaches: traditional sets of 3's and 5's, eccentric squats, emom squats and ladders.





Skills.

  • 144 pistols
  • 1.150 double unders
  • 370 handstand push-ups
  • 25 muscle-ups


Most importantly, 370 handstand push-ups, boom! I struggled with hspu's for a long time early in my crossfit "career" but then I decided to work that movement as my strength. And I've done exactly that. In short time period I've learned to do them effectively, and most importantly, a great load of them in metcons. For example I cut about 6 minutes of my Diane time, that desribes the progress pretty well. And I added the load of hspu's only in September and October.

I've wrote a couple of times that I need to work on my double under technique. Have no problems in completing those jumps but there is room for better efficiency. So I've had a moderate increase in the du training. Those muscle-ups are still something I need to work on. I went to do 20 reps in a row one day in mid-October and suffered from knee pain for about 2 weeks after that. Note to self: get better at them.





Bodyweight.

  • 211 burpees
  • 445 pull-ups
  • 257 t2b
  • 488 box jumps


Okay, there could have been much more of dips (96), push-ups (150) and burpees last month. However, I compensated those with these above mentioned movements, quite a number of pull-ups, once again. Almost 500 box jumps is a lot. Those seem to vary a lot in my training. Take a look at last 4 months numbers: 100, 245, 54 and 488 reps =D. Huge differences there. Completing huge loads of boxes and double unders make my shins sore so it's a delicate balancing issue not to do too much of them. On average there's been over 430 pull-ups each month for the last 6 months so this number falls in nicely to that average.





Cardio. 20.000m

Couple of rowing and running metcons added up to 20km of "cardio" work as I've named this category. One running set was on a treadmill, once outdoors, once indoors. Rowing sets were around 2.700m per set. Couple of interval rowing and couple of metcons with rowing included as an element.




PR’s.

  • Clean & jerk, 95kg
  • Jerk, 100kg 


I tried for these two personal records and I got them. Seeking for those 1 rep maxes hasn't been my cup of tea in the past months but in November I took a few attempts and got a couple of PR's. I'll recap that later on. Anyway, I went to Eltsu with my bro one beautiful day in October for olympic lifting purposes and we both nailed some PR's there. That was a good combo: bro and Eltsu, and records are made to be broken.





No comments:

Post a Comment