Sunday, November 24, 2013

Sunday 24.11: Skills

Sunday. Skills, 50 strict pull-ups, 50 toes-to-bar, handstand skills.

I had one hero workout in mind for today, Bradshaw. I've done it once - this May - before and it's about time to do it again, looks good on paper. I looked the video from the first attempt and read the stories I wrote. It looks good and it seems there's some time to be cut off. Anyway, this Sunday was more like active rest, quite a relaxed day, I'll go after Bradshaw some other day. We drove to the in-laws, changed the winter tires on our car, ate well, and then did some pull-up bar stuff with Pauliina's papa.

Christmas is getting closer!

Skills.
  • 50 strict pull-ups
  • 50 toes-to-bar
  • Handstand skills

It was harmless skills training that took place today. Nothing serious, just playing with the pull-up bar. Since I learned how to kip I've been doing my pull-ups with some variation of kipping pull-ups. Last couple of days I've been doing some occasional strict pull-ups and enjoyed it. Today I did 50 strict reps of which 40 were palms facing away, and 10 reps palms facing me. Did all these in sets of 10 reps. It was an eye-opener to realize the difference between the 2 styles - kipping and strict. There are from different planets.

After that I took 50 reps of t2b in sets of 10, trying to do as little kip / swing as possible. That means I took them as strict as I was capable of. In the end I did something I haven't done in at least a month: handstand. As you've probably seen in the videos this week, it's getting extremely dark in Finland after 4pm so there was no light in sight. It was awkward to do handstand so I dropped it quite soon because it was difficult to perceive the landscape and how my body fits in all that. I believe this lighter day pays off - at least I hope so - as I've been working continuously for a month without a rest. Yesterday was a rest day and today as easier so my muscles got the recovery time to grow and they are better prepared for the upcoming week.



1 comment:

  1. Good, that you took a rest day Yesterday! It was nice to meet you both 😊! Have a good week! 👍

    ReplyDelete