Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Tuesday 5.11: row intervals

Tuesday. Row intervals, 8 x 600m, 2:00 rest between sets.

This week is dedicated to find out some max loads of my strength levels. On the days off I'll do a metcon or interval type of training. Today was reserved for rowing intervals. I was thinking about doing also handstand push-ups but the place was crowded, I was lucky to even get the rower at my disposal. We went to nearby gym with Pauliina and it seems to be fully booked in the evenings. After warming up the rower freed up so I attacked it immediately and started my strokes.


Total of 4.800m rowing at full speed

Intervals.
  • 8 x 600m rowing
  • 2:00 rest between sets

Uuh… Goal was to go at full speed in each of the sprints. My times were between 2:02 and 2:08 as I recall. Don't know what the average pace was per 500m. It says in the picture above that it was 1:46/500m, that was the last interval and time for 600m was 2:07. I think it was around 1:40 in the beginning and then little by little it got a bit slower. It was pretty solid anyway. It was only the feeling in my guts, legs and lungs that got worse by the round =)

It was fun up to 2 rounds. After 3 rounds Pauliina asked me what's the situation, how many laps to go. I realized there's 5 more to go. Huh, that wasn't a nice feeling. After 5 rounds I was done. Luckily that 1:1 work:rest ratio got me enough time to recover and get juice back in my tank. The last 2-3 rounds were mentally challenging. I pulled with all I had and simply tried to reach the same time I got in the previous round.


Done


Each round the first 100m went on in a blink of an eye. After 200m it started to feel a bit bad. On the 300m milestone I told myself it's already halfway there, keep on rocking. At 400m some nausea raised it's head. The last 200m were a battle. These were the main feelings on most of the rounds. Very good interval training. Exhausting, my legs were burning, heart had to pump a lot of blood and metabolic conditioning was on a test. Completing 8 sets is a lot to me, there was a total of 4.8km. I'm very proud of rowing that much, especially as I know I left my heart at the battle field.




No comments:

Post a Comment