Sunday, January 12, 2014

Sunday 12.1: Hspu, burpee, du

Sunday. 50 hspu (PR 18). Workout, 5 rds of: 10 burpee, 20 du. Corework, 50 ab wheel.

We spent the weekend away from home. Today we drove back, and once we parked our car at the home drive way, it was about 10 minutes and I was back on road and headed to the gym. Maybe not the most ideal preparedness for today's workouts but I kept it light and it served my goals well.



Hspu's.
  • 50 handstand push-ups
  • Sets of 18, 12, 10 and 10 reps

I had only one clear goal for today. Complete a personal record of consecutive reps on handstand push-ups. Previous one was 15 reps and I was looking to crush that one. Goal achieved, 18 is the new number. My warm-up today was pretty lousy, I did some foam rolling, stayed inverted about 20 seconds and took one hspu to get myself ready. This time it was enough to get my body moving. I'm happy I was able to go over reps without having the perfect feeling of preparedness. It started to become heavy after 10 reps. I believe I did 13 reps, then took a break and fought it through slowly to the end.


Recap


Workout. Not timed
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 10 burpees
  • 20 double unders

Sunday was not a barbell Sunday. Kept it at bodyweight and worked light for a not-timed workout to get some blood flowing in my veins. 50 burpees and 100 doubles, just a little short metcon. It was a quick one, couple of minutes to finish it. I had a solid pace, you'll see it from the video what pace I was going through. Not full throttle, goal was just to keep body doing work steadily.




Core.
  • 50 ab wheel
I started to feel the burpees in my shoulders after those hspu's. They were surprisingly demanding at some point. Finished the session with some core work. These also pressured my shoulders as well as core. Haven't done them in ages. It was fun.





2 comments: