Saturday, May 2, 2015

Saturday 2.5: Macho Man, 15min amrap

Saturday. Macho Man, emom x 10min: 3 power clean, 3 front squat, 3 push jerk @
60kg. Metcon, 15min amrap of: 5 hang power clean (70kg), 10 t2b, 15 box, 20 medball slam. Result, 300 reps.

We went to workout with Jasper this Saturday. It was destined to be a great bro sesh for real. We both had our own barbell play in the beginning and then hit a hardcore metcon together. This took place early afternoon, maybe a little too early as I had to put the alarm clock wake me up :)



Macho Man.
  • Every minute on the minute x 10
  • 3 power clean
  • 3 front squat
  • 3 push jerk
  • Barbell @ 60kg

This is a perfect workout. If you haven't done it, just do it. No need to think about it, just hit the wod and suck it up. This is a benchmark workout at competitorstraining.com. Rx'd version is 85kg :) Not gonna put the barbell at that loading. Jerks would bring a lot of problems. I take this as a good conditioning workout and a way to improve muscle endurance at semi heavy load.

It's 9 reps at 60 kilos and makes breathing go heavy. I got this unbroken every round / minute and it took me about 20 seconds. I tried to do it as fast as possible to give my body as much recovery as possible. Good strategy in my opinion. This gets mental at some point. It looked similar and took as much time in every minute but it gets heavier mentally. It definitely helped to have a great training partner to push me further.




Metcon. Result, 300 reps (6 rounds)

  • 15min amrap of:
  • 5 hang power clean, 70kg
  • 10 toes-to-bar
  • 15 box
  • 20 medball slam, 6-9kg

I suggested immediately as we entered the Box that we'd throw down together for a metcon. Luckily Jazz was all in right away. We wrote this together on the spot. It was a freaking pain feast. Pure conditioning. Cleans got heavy because they were taken from hang position. At times it felt nasty to keep my grip on the barbell. All elements were unbroken and rather steady pace throughout the wod.

On t2b's I almost started doing them 6-4 just to release the tension in my forearms but then again I decided to just push through. I had one miss on the box jumps as I didn't stand up properly but other than that they were okay. Those ball slams are cruel in their own way. We almost left them out but luckily not! We had one ball at 9kg and one ball at 6kg. The weight on the ball didn't matter. It's more about the movement as you're going up and down all the time. We alternated the balls every other round. It sure eased to have a friend battle through this one side by side. It basically resulted in shorter transitions as I noticed Jasper fight through his reps on a steady basis. It's freaking awesome to have him train at this same place now!

I'll have videos of both the Macho Man and the metcon. I'll post them tomorrow because I don't have access to my computer today.





No comments:

Post a Comment