Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Tuesday 5.5: Chief

Tuesday. Hero workout Chief, 5 sets of 3min amrap of: 3 power clean (60kg), 6 push-ups, 9 air squats. 1min rest between amraps. Result, 5rds each amrap.

Today I got a chance to train only in the evening. So I fueled up properly and hit the gym later. My body hurt from yesterday's session a lot. There were a lot of cleans on Monday and the weights were heavy so it definitely feels now. Pull-ups also makes my lats tight as hell so I was feeling quite hammered.

Okay, so they also have a rope here. Waiting for that to be installed on the ceiling

Chief. Compare to 22.3.2014

  • 3 min amrap of:
  • 3 power clean, 60kg
  • 6 push-up
  • 9 air squat
  • 1 min rest
  • Repeat for a total of 5x3min amraps
  • Result, 5 rounds sharp on each amrap (90 reps)

My warm-up consisted of traditional stuff but spiced up with some rowing / ghd sit-ups / burpee workout. I wanted to get my breathing go faster and get blood pumping in this body before touching a barbell for the first time. Normally 60kg cleans are like nothing but this torso was not as loose I'd like to so I was thinking how it might feel like.

When I finally began the workout it was tough already after the first amrap =) I really had to talk myself up to finish this one. I was in deep waters on the second amrap. My legs were burning so awfully that it made me sick. Power cleans started to torture my legs. Upper body felt fine with these even with a big number of pulling yesterday. That didn't bother but lower body was taking a big hit.

2nd round of Chief


Push-ups were the "easiest" part of Chief. Went unbroken with cleans and push-ups. It's been a while since doing this element in a workout. Those air squats were the toughest part of the entire wod. No idea how my legs were so jello on the second part of this workout. It looked okay on the video but the feeling was totally different =) It was a huge mental win to finish this workout rx'd and with 5 full rounds in each of the amraps.



No comments:

Post a Comment