Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Tuesday 19.5: Snatch balance, Snatch, Thrusters, Du

Tuesday. Snatch balance 5x3 (up to 70kg). Snatch work (up to 50kg). Metcon, 5rds of: 12 thruster (40kg), 50 du. Time, 10.49

It was time to concentrate on snatches. In my images it went better than the reality actually was. It was still great to have them in the program again. I did snatch balance prior to actual snatches. The metcon in the end was a killer on my shoulders once again.





Snatch balance.
  • 3x40, 50, 60, 65, 70kg
  • 1x75kg
This went pretty well. There were tons of people at the gym so I didn't dare to take videos. But they went well and I felt confident putting that weight overhead and squat at the same time. Tried to do it as explosively as possible. Had one miss, the first rep at 50kg where I pushed the bar too much in front and dropped. The weight was light though so I cleaned it and took a triple right away.

Seventy kilos for a triple pleased me a lot. I also took a single at 75kg, and missed the second at 75kg due to pushing it too much in front again. I decided to stop there because there were squat snatches waiting for me.




Snatch.
  • Hang snatch
  • 3x40, 40, 45kg
  • 2x50, 50, 50kg
  • 1-1-1-1 @ 50kg
Okay these could have been more beautiful. I thought my hips would be as open as possible after doing heavier snatch balances but still they felt, not stiff but not completely receptive either. I took these light. Mostly because it felt like I don't have enough in the tank for these. Some reps were okay, and some were a lot off of the tracks. The last single was the best, and of course not caught on video. I was very happy on receiving the barbell in the bottom position. That was different to most of these where I caught it around parallel.


Snatches

Metcon. Time, 10.49
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 12 thruster, 40kg
  • 50 double unders
It was no surprise this wasn't fun =) I've been thinking about thrusters for a while but still haven't put them in a workout much lately. Thrusters were the better part of this workout though. How sick is that? I sucked at the double unders today. Lots of misses and they wore me down big time. My shoulders got tired during this workout, and those du's didn't help at all. This was a great workout. I just hoped the double unders had gone better. I lost a lot of time and energy there.





No comments:

Post a Comment