Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Tuesday 12.5: Row intervals, Burpees

Tuesday. Row 8x500m with 90sec rest. Emom x 8min: 10 burpee.

Today was a busy day. Normal day at work, then straight to watch a theater with Toni and our ladies, and finally Finland is attacking Russia on ice. It's gonna be a good game! I decided to sneak to the old gym by leaving work a bit earlier to find some time to workout. Classic row intervals and some burpees to finish the session.



Intervals.
  • Row 8 x 500m
  • 90 second rest between sets
This is and has always been a good wod. Intervals - no matter if it's running or rowing - with rest between sets. Running has been 400m sprints and rowing either 400m or 500m. Rest should be within 1-2 minutes.

There was no time for proper warm-up so I practically sat on the rower, put iPod on my ears, clock running, and started pulling after 3-2-1-go. Pace was consistent at 1.40-1.42 throughout each and every set. This got uncomfortable at some point but the start of each set was okay. That means to say the 90 sec recovery was enough to get back in life. The last 200 meters of each interval were tougher than the beginning. No surprise there =)




Bodyweight.
  • Every minute on the minute for 8 minutes
  • 10 burpee
Wasn't done with training after rowing. There wasn't much time though so I shook my legs and arms, and started moving around in the form of burpees. This was emom work, and I stuck at 10 burpees. Not much, I know, but at this stage it was perfect. I've practiced my shoulders and upper body more in the past days so I felt this in my shoulders for sure. It took only about 20+ seconds for each minute so there was enough time to recover before the next set.




No comments:

Post a Comment