Friday, August 14, 2015

Friday 14.8: Back squats

Friday. Back squat 7x5 (130kg).

We only had one hour to do our workouts. And for the past weeks Friday's have been 7x5 squats with ascending weights. It takes some time to hit heavier sets so this was all I had time for. Warm-up takes close to half an hour before the first set is on my back, and warm-up is something I don't feel good skipping. It is number one prevention of injuries so warm-up is crucial.



Smolov.

  • Back squat 7x5 (130kg)

Damn it was great to move this load for multiple sets! It was a scary thought to do 7 sets of 5 reps @ 130 kilos. I prepped myself for the entire day and reminded every now and then that I can do this stuff. I've done sets at 130-140kg so this is not gonna be an issue. Easy money. Some uptalk to get my head around this session.


Warm-up was lengthy, and when I got to the barbell finally I took sets at 60, 90, 110, and 120kg's. After these my body was ready for the real deal at 130kg. On every set I took my time between reps, not rushing it through because I really didn't wanna see any misses. First sets were okay, heavy from the very first but manageable. In the latter sets it felt like I had to give my legs even more recovery between reps.


I'm very happy on being able to smash this session through. Next squat session is gonna be brutal. The week ends in triples, and heavier than ever. They are downright scary at this point. Got to get a good mental boost before entering the gym =)

Squats 7x5 at 130kg





No comments:

Post a Comment