Thursday, August 13, 2015

Thursday 13.8: Snatch, Du's, Ghd, Burpee

Thursday. Power snatch 3-3-3-2-2-2-1-1-1 (max 60kg). Metcon, 12min amrap of: 30 du, 10 ghd, 10 burpee. Result, 330 reps.

Day between squats. This was more like a go by feeling kinda day. Haven't done snatches that much lately so it was about time. On the metcon the main ingredient was double unders. I feel like they have gone a step back, and at the same time I'm looking enviously Pauliina completing them with great form so it got me some inspiration to hit them.



Snatch.
  • Power snatch 3-3-3-2-2-2-1-1-1 (triples at 50kg, doubles at 55kg, singles at 60kg)
I determined the weights beforehand. Triple snatches at 50 kilos, doubles at 55kg and finally singles at 60kg. It's been ages since doing power snatches in some other way than in metcons. This was not a timed portion, not emom, just completed a set, walked a bit, and continued further.

There's a lot to be done in my technique. I can hit light weight up to the hips but when something is on the barbell, I tend not to have the required patience. On the first pull everything is okay but then after knees I don't bring the bar high enough. Pretty classic stuff.

Triples and doubles were alright. I did them touch'n'go style and was confident on the weights. Okay, they are light weight after all but I haven't snatched in a while and this has never been a strength of mine. Singles at 60kg felt heavy. By heavy I mean it's not easy to get it overhead because the bar doesn't hit correct spots and the explosiveness lacks in the movement. But these weights don't bring any stress to the body because 60kg is not a lot of weight, no matter how you measure it. So it always kind of feels like a light day when doing snatches.



Metcon. Result, 330 reps
  • 12min amrap of:
  • 30 double unders
  • 10 ghd sit-ups
  • 10 burpees
This was a little fun conditioning part at the end of the session. Didn't wanna touch barbell as tomorrow's another good grind of squats. Just keeping the body moving on the days off. As I wrote, double unders are something that needs to get back in good shape. Today they felt good. Even though I had couple of misses, I felt my form was better and it felt much more natural.

Ghd's were the easiest part of this one but they kept my heart beat high. Burpees are always great. I enjoyed them a lot. They were kinda miserable but I liked them a lot. It's a good movement. There's not really a reason to stop. You can always complete one more burpee. Just hit it. Good mental movement. Managed to complete 6 full rounds plus 30 du's on top of that. Had the du's went better, there was time to complete the 7th round.



No comments:

Post a Comment