Sunday, August 30, 2015

Sunday 30.8: Power clean, Row

Sunday. Metcon, 20 power clean (80kg), 300m row, 20 power clean (70kg), 300m row, 20 power clean (60kg), 300m row. Time, 12.20.

We spent the day in downtown Helsinki again because it's still summery. We were supposed to walk there but the weather changed in a second. Anyway, I went to the gym in the evening for a bad ass metcon. Short and intense. In the beginning I took power clean singles up to 100kg.



Metcon. Result, 12.20. Compare to 9.8.2014
  • 20 power clean, 80kg
  • 300m row
  • 20 power clean, 70kg
  • 300m row
  • 20 power clean, 60kg
  • 300m row
One year ago I did this same version with the modification that there were also 50kg and 40kg cleans involved. This time it was shorter and much more intense. My game plan was also different because it was a shorter one. Last time I did 80kg cleans as singles from the very beginning. This time I got a triple and then doubles up to 11 reps. From then on it was singles up to 20 reps. This must have cut some time off the final time compared to last time.

On the 70's it was 5-5-4-4-3 reps. Got to say it was contradictory feeling. As the bar got 10kg lighter it felt a lot lighter. It was an incredible change every round. Then on the other hand, as the bar was not that heavy anymore, you are supposed to move it faster and for bigger sets.

Recap of cleans


The last round was at 60 kilos. Same thing as with the previous round. It was much easier to move the barbell around because 10 kilos had been cut off the weight. Forearms were about to burst out of pain and numbness at this point though. Rowing was okay the entire time. I did it 1:45 pace in the beginning and then closer to 1:50 in the second round. It was about 1:40-1:42 in the last set of rowing.

This means to say I went faster on the Concept2 than last time, and also the cleans seemed to go quicker. Especially the 80kg cleans. I'm happy about how well I was able to push myself on this one.




No comments:

Post a Comment