Thursday, November 19, 2015

Thursday 19.11: Front squat, Hspu, Burpee

Thursday. Strength, front squat 6x1 @ 125kg. Metcon, 7rds of: 7 front squat (70kg), 7 hspu, 7 burpee. Time, 12.41.

Had a clear goal for this Thursday. Pulls from the ground. My hands are ripped from the middle fingers which made it impossible to go heavy on the deadlift. It simply hurt too much on that movement. That's why I changed my plans on the fly and went by feeling. It turned out to be rather heavy singles on squats, and then a 7-rounder for a metcon. Good sesh!



Strength.

  • Front squat
  • 6x1 @ 125kg
  • One extra single @ 130kg
This was a lot of fun. I usually don't do heavier singles at a fixed weight. It's either climbing up to a heavy single or then multiple reps across the same weight. The load was tolerable. Heavy but still doable. As I look at the reps from video (below) I'm very happy on the form I was able to hold on.

Focus was on the elbows. They need to be pointed straight forward and not drop down on the most challenging points. This was a load I was able to bring up pretty nicely. Could have gone heavier considering the weights but as I said, it was important to me that elbows are pointing correctly and torso is in an upright position all the way.

As the 125kg singles felt fine I wanted to do one more for the show, and jumped up to 130kg for one single. That was much heavier but still came up properly.

Couple of singles


Metcon.


  • 7 rounds of:
  • 7 front squat, 70kg
  • 7 handstand push-up
  • 7 burpee

This was created on the spot. Worked perfectly. The combination of front squat, hspu's and burpees is nasty as shoulders never get the needed recovery. I remember there once was a Crossfit Regionals event with the same movements (21-15-9) and I replicated that in one session. It's been time since that but it's still in the back of my head.

With that in mind this workout was created. Workout of the day was all about sevens. I went unbroken on each movement each round. Transitions were the ones where I had to shake my hands and shoulders to get the tension released. Every one of them brought burden in the shoulders so it wasn't possible for me to just jump right into the next element.


Squats were touch'n'go all the way. I'm very pleased to that. Legs carried on well, shoulders were the ones taking the biggest hit. Hspu's started to get heavy and the last 2 rounds had to be fought with a good focus.






No comments:

Post a Comment