Wednesday, November 18, 2015

Wednesday 18.11: Snatch, Clean, Burpee box

Wednesday. Build up to a heavy single on snatch (65kg) and clean (110kg). Metcon, 12-9-6-3 of: squat clean (60kg), burpee box. Time, 6.20.

Had to go to the gym very early in the morning. I was a bit skeptical because of that schedule, and I only had one hour to hit it. My body never woke up for this session. Legs were burning already in the warm-up portion. I still decided to go for heavier singles as the plan stood.



Strength.

  • Build up to a heavy single of:
  • Snatch (30, 40, 50, 55, 60, 63, 65f, 65kg)
  • Clean (60, 70, 80, 90, 95, 100, 105, 110kg)

Focus was on keeping the barbell closer to body compared to where it normally travels. Maybe it succeeded somewhat but obviously there's work to be done still. A lot =) What needs to be corrected somehow, is that the bar should be caught right over the line of the heels. Traditionally the bar states a little bit too much in front.

On the cleans the bar stays closer to body and I'm happy on that. There the bar could come higher before the last pull, especially on the heavier weights. I'm still happy on the cleans for today. They felt much heavier than what they looked like. But I got a boost of confidence after looking at every rep on video.



Metcon. Time, 6.20

  • 12-9-6-3 of:
  • Squat clean, 60kg
  • Burpee box jump

Had no recovery time after the last clean. Just changed the weights and put on metcon shoes, then tapped the timer on. I've done something like this once a long time ago, and remembered it put the legs on fire. Memories were correct. This was somewhat horrible.

I took the first set of cleans in 7-3-2. Second set in triples. Set of 6 reps in half, and the last one unbroken. To be honest, I would have liked to complete these as singles. My legs never felt fresh during the entire session, and after snatches / cleans legs felt tired already before this metcon. Burpee box jumps were also very fatiguing. Even though this was tough I liked it a lot. Especially afterwards =)




No comments:

Post a Comment