Monday, September 24, 2012

Monday 24.9: Burpees + squats + lunges + sit-ups

Monday. I'm back! The last days have mostly been dedicated to recovery and heeling. My right shoulder is still not in the condition I'd want it to be but I'm ready to practice hard. Today I had 1.5h floorball training with my team. I dropped Pauliina to airport one hour prior to arriving at our home stadium so I had some spare time, which I naturally utilized for crossfitting.

I took a 3 round workout consisting of:

  • 20 lunges
  • 20 squats
  • 20 sit-ups
  • 20 burpees


Together with the team our assisting coach took a circular training exercise before the actual practice for 15-20min so there were some more reps for abs and back muscles. In addition, I did more reps for burpees, sit-ups, back extensions and squats during the team training. There were a total of 500+ reps during the evening session. I'm happy I was able to perform quite a number of reps and especially 100 burpees make me smile because I'm really making them with less energy than before. Let's say one month ago 15 burpees would have made my heart race wildly. Now I can do tens of them and still they do not burn me as much as before. I guess I must do that 7min amrap for burpees some day.

It was worth a visit to sacrifice 30 minutes of my life as I was listening to gymnasticwod's guys talking about the burpee technique. And I sincerely hope making burpees will generate more power in the hip area, which should also generate more power to olympic weightlifting moves as well. Tomorrow morning I'm going to the renewed gym at my work place for strength training and a wod.

No comments:

Post a Comment