Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Tuesday: Clean and jerk + wod

Tuesday. Clean & jerk 5x3 (max 60kg). Wod. 10 rounds of 20 DU, 20 box jumps.

Main focus on upper body strength this morning. Clean & jerk, 5x3 and an additional workout. Toni did a shoulder-related wod, I went for legs and cardio. There was a reason for that. For some reason my left elbow was sore after the strength training, and has actually been slightly sore for a few days. Not bad but still  I decided not to give any more pressure to it.

Strength. 5x3 (50+50+55+55+60). Toni went up to 65kg

I wrote 1-2 weeks back that I'm probably going to stick with these weights for a while. I'm sure I'm able to scale it upwards in a while but for today these weights were good. The last 60kg was a tough one since that's also my PR in push press. It was a battle but a battle worth fighting. I'm satisfied. Toni took it a step further by going to 65kg.

Wod. The idea was to take a Mikko Salo type of workout. In one interview he said his favorite once was to go with push press, 2 min amrap, 2 min rest, total of three rounds. That sound tough, I personally once went with 1 min amraps. Toni did this workout today with 40kg bar, a total of 65 reps in three rounds, I don't remember the reps per each round precisely, they were something like 26 + 24 + 15. Correct me if I'm wrong Toni!

In a second I was supposed to go for a different type of wod which would not give too much pressure on my elbow. So I decided to concentrate on legs.

  • Ten rounds of
  • 20 x double unders
  • 20 x box jumps


My double unders are in quite a good shape, about half (or more) of those 10 sets went unbroken, not bad. Probably my next step is to start practising doing them without that extra single under between doubles. Also box jumps went unbroken. I didn't time this workout at all.

Today's workout at crossfit.com is amazing, hero wod 7. Seven rounds for time of:

  • 7 HSPU
  • 7 Thruster (135lbs = 60kg)
  • 7 K2E
  • 7 Deadlift (245lbs = 110kg)
  • 7 Burpess
  • 7 Kettlebell (2 pood = 32kg)
  • 7 Pull-ups


Huh, 49 reps of each, total of 343 reps, pretty tough one if you ask me =) I'll better try that some day, have to scale the thrusters though, as well as KB 'cause I ain't got that heavy kettlebell

No comments:

Post a Comment