Saturday, September 29, 2012

Saturday 29.9: Row + weighted pull-ups and dips (video)


Saturday. Row 2.000m, time 7.12. Weighted pull-ups 3x3 (max 15kg), weighted dips 5x5 (max 25kg).

Dips 20kg

This was supposed to be a rest day as I was called on duty at work. Right after work I headed to watch a floorball game of the national league because of some old friends are playing there. However, my boss came to work to back me up so I was able to hit the gym =) Awesome deal! Programme was rowing for 2k and weighted pull-ups and weighted dips.

Row 2k. What I had in mind when going to the gym was to do some weighted pull-ups. I took off by rowing. Usually I row 500m for about 1.45min as to get my heart beat up. This time I decided to go for 1.000m when I was ready with the 500 meters. At the same time I turned the digital screen facing the ceiling 'cause I didn't want to stare the numbers. When I thought I might be close to 1k I stopped and looked at the distance. It stood 1.250m, it gave me enormous boost and instantly I was determined to go for 2.000m for time. Still, I kept the meter facing upwards. Finally my time was 7.12. Previous record was 7.17. This time I held two short pauses as I was pondering what to do with the screen. I'm very happy I went all the way and the time got better compared to last test.

Strength. Weighted pull-ups 3x3 (15+15+15kg), weighted dips 5x5 (15+15+20+20+25kg). I've only taken these weighted moves once or twice before, I really don't know why I have avoided them because they are pretty awesome. My style was to take 3 reps for pull-ups, then 5 reps for dips. First two rounds I stayed with 15kg, then on the third round I lifted the weight for dips because it felt too light. I took three rounds for pull-ups and five rounds for dips.



Pull-ups were heavy for me, I managed to do two reps well but the last two rounds I went 2+1 reps for pull-ups, couldn't go three straight even though I tried. It was more like 2.5 reps, then I had to drop and do the third after a couple of seconds rest. Only the first round was three straight. I'm still happy to the result. I took some lighter weights first and they went smooth. Anyway, the dips moved well in my opinion and I was disciplined with the full movement in both pull-ups and dips. I'm sure I could have dipped more kilos, this time the record was 25kg for 5 reps.

This was a good and fast exercise, my triceps are burning right now and I can really feel the training from yesterday's presses and today's moves. In addition, the game I went to watch was very entertaining so this Saturday was something to remember afterwards =)

No comments:

Post a Comment