Thursday, September 20, 2012

Thurdsay 20.9: Active recovery (videos)


Thursday. I took it easier today. However, I joined Toni for the morning training. My babe got back home from Stockholm so I'll concentrate more on her for a few days =) We went for a one hour walk and she did some training so I took some active recovery on both times, with Toni and with Pauliina.




Toni had a rough morning. I drove to his place in Korso, in the middle of the local forest there's a jogging track where his workout took place. It was a sprint type of workout spiced with double unders, squats, push-ups, abs and lunges. Total of 1.000m running. Time 20.21.

  • 200m sprint
  • 50 double unders
  • 200m sprint
  • 50 squats
  • 200m sprint
  • 50 push-ups
  • 200m sprint
  • 50 sit-ups
  • 200m sprint
  • 50 lunges


The guy was burnt! The 200m sprint was a 100m shuttle run, 100m forward, turn around and run back. The last 30-40m of the distance was uphill which accumulated some heavy breathing for him. The order of the movements probably made it a bit more difficult for Toni because he spent some minutes on the double unders. That's why fatigue hit him hard already in the beginning. Normally this guy does squats and and push-ups faster than today so I figure this was the reason. He had some troubles in squats after 15 reps. This may have lead to longer time in the reps. On the other hand, if he went in different order and saved doubles for the last, it may have taken longer with DUs but the total time would have been shorter. Figure it out, this is just speculation =) Anyway, this was the longest wod he's ever done and I'm telling you, he left his heart at the battle field. His doggy, Muffi was with us at the training (see first picture) =)



Once he was running his sprints, I went for 10 toes-to-bars and 5 or 10 knees-to-elbows , depending on the round. There was a total of about 100 reps in total during the morning session. Naturally double under training was included, as always.

I went to pick up my babe from the airport after the training. In the evening we took a one hour walk during which Pauliina wanted to go for some pull-up training and dribble with the monkey bars.



She did awesome! I also took some L-holds in the bar and tested some kipping technique. At the end of the walk I realized there's a perfect place for box jumps with 60cm at my home's front yard. For some reason I haven't payed any attention to it. I was forced to take some jumps =)





No comments:

Post a Comment