Saturday, October 27, 2012

Friday 26.10: Technique + skills + game day

Friday. Strength technique training for squat, snatch, overhead squat. Additional skills training for handstand, double unders, chest-to-bar pull-ups and muscle-ups. In the evening: home game.



I met my brother at the gym in the morning, my objective was to concentrate purely on techniques and skills because there was a home game awaiting in the evening. I took back squats under his supervision and I think we found a bit more stable squat position for me than before. I tried it out with 80kg and it felt good. Let's see what happens next time I do strength training. We also took snatches and overhead squats to learn more.

Without the weights I dribbled with jump rope and handstand. First against a wall and then tried to push myself away from the wall to find stability by free standing. Main focus on the skills training was on muscle-ups. We took progression training there, starting from lower hight and building it upwards. Focusing mainly on the first transition, not the entire movement to dipping at the end. My brother has found the way to do single muscle-ups so it was very useful to accompany him in the training.

Sipa took back squats, maxed it out for 135kg, 3-rep sets. Here is his 130kg work.


The game ended in a tie 5-5, tough one. Tomorrow morning I'll head to the gym with Toni!

No comments:

Post a Comment