Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sunday 21.10: Muscle-up progression, DU, HSPU, K2E

Sunday. Skills training for muscle-ups, double unders, hanstand push-ups and knees-to-elbows. It was also a game day, we won the game.

Today we had a game day, away game, in Helsinki anyway against one of the best teams in this series. We got to a quick 0-3 lead and held it all the way, final result 2-7. Straight from the game I drove to my gym to do some skills training: muscle-up progression, double unders sets. Then I also took a short workout of handstand push-ups and knees-to-elbows. The point of this session was to pay attention to these moves as I haven't been doing them that much lately.

Muscle-ups. I adjusted the rings to my chest level at first, and pulled myself over them to make a dip. As I was able to do that, I lifted the hight of the rings little by little. Finally I was able to set them about 10-15cm over my head and still make a jumping muscle-up. This was the first time I'm practicing them so I'm quite satisfied that I got the tracks in my head right how to perform a muscle-up. However, at this point it feels a distant dream to make a full rep with legs hanging in air in the starting position.


Double unders. Then I took some double under training. Usually there are quite a number of people training at the gym and it's quite crowded with the traditional training equipment that it's difficult to find a spot to use jump rope. In the weekends it's always more space so I wanted to take full utilization of it. I wanted to test how many DUs I can do in a row as I have actually never tried it before. Result 55, see the video below  =)


HSPU / K2E. Finally I took the handstand push-ups and knees-to-elbows, 4 reps of HSPUs and 10 K2Es for 5 rounds. My handstand push-ups are usually performed not to full range of motion but I keep a foam roll or something alike below me. The range is shorter so once I master this and my shoulders get stronger I will get rid of that and hit my head to the floor. I must be patient with handstand push-ups as last time I performed those 3 times in four days in workouts my right shoulder got inflamed. I don't want to experience that again so I'll take this movement once in a while, not too often, not too rarely. Knees-to-elbows were easy this time and were not too exhausting, I like them. They are rough once there are big numbers to be done but in sets of 10 reps they're not too bad at all.





2 comments:

  1. I bought you the training gloves and you still rather wear tape in your hands... Men's logic, you gotta love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damned! They could have come handy with those rings! Next time I'll try them out =)

    ReplyDelete