Monday, October 15, 2012

Monday 15.10: Deadlfit, bench press, weighted dips & pull-ups

Monday. 10-8-6-4-2, deadlift and bench press, 80% of RM. Weighted dips 4x5 (max 25kg), weighted pull-ups 4x3 (max 15kg). Workout 4 rounds of 10 reps: ab wheel and knees to elbows for quality.

Deadlift & bench press. 10-8-6-4-2. Start from deadlift, continue to bench press, sets going down from ten reps to two reps with two rep interval. Total of 30 reps each. Weights 80% of RM.
  • 10-8-6-4-2
  • 120kg deadlift
  • 60kg bench press
I didn't take exact time, the nature of the workout was to do it with quality, not for time. Anyway, I tried to do it without any extra breaks. It took a total of about 4-5 minutes. All sets unbroken. My maxes for these movements are 150kg for deadlift and 75kg for bench press so I ended up in 120kg for deadlift and 60kg for bench press. First 10 deadlifts, then 10 bench presses, 8 deadlift, 8 bench presses...

I've seen this kind of workouts from Rob Orlando, from where I got the inspiration to mix two strength moves together. This was definitely worth the try and it will be applied in the future as well, maybe next time with different moves. Let's say clean and squat for example. My bench presses have been few so it was important to implement that into my workouts as well. It's 100% sure I'm going to take more presses in the future. Doing all sets unbroken pleased me a lot. I took some breath between sets so that I could push it through unbroken. The last reps were tough so I really believe this workout worked for its purpose!



Dips & pull-ups. Weighted dips 4x5 (10+15+20+25kg), weighted pull-ups 4x3 (5+10+15+15kg). Today my dips and pull-ups were not that easy. I managed to go up to 25kg with dips and 15kg with pull-ups. This time I didn't mix these two but went for dips first for all 4 sets and then moved on to pull-ups. I had thought going for these two only tomorrow but I was so eager that I decided to do them today. That gives some space for tomorrow's training.

Core. The last set of action concentrated on improving my core.
  • 4 rounds of
  • 10 ab wheel
  • 10 knees to elbows
I took four rounds of 10 ab wheel rolls and 10 reps of K2Es. All concentrating in mainly abdominals, but also shoulders got their piece. I didn't time this workout but went on constantly without breaks as well. All sets unbroken, not too bad.

Toni reportedly had visited the gym in the morning for clean training. He might have shared his previous personal record today :) Tell us more! My training schedule was on my phone which went broken during the weekend so in the evening I'll do some planning for the rest of the month and try to memorize what was planned already. Today I also saw the guy at the gym who is responsible for the renovation and it seems the rings are about to be installed to the ceiling so I can progress to learn muscle ups and also the 60cm Rogue box is on its way, c'mon!


4 comments:

  1. I did some cleans 3*3*3*3*1 50/60/65/70/75. In the final round I did only one rep for 75 kg. That is my current PR. I also did a workout called "baseline" that includes 500m row, 40 squats, 30 sit ups, 20 push ups and 10 pull ups. Time was 5.10 and I managed to do all pull ups and even did a new PR in pull ups...4 on a row! Thats just sad...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not sad, that's good news! Little by little man, you're getting there. It takes a while to learn all the movements. Something that's ahead of you: handstand, handstand push-ups, wall climbs, snatch, ring skills, muscle ups etc. It's so versatile, so much to be trained for and so little time to do it all. That's the dilemma :) And the reason why crossfit stays interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just found an awesome combination: burbee - box jump! Have you tried? Must be exhausting! And ofc the back-flip after that... ;)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWnY-DdiAO8&feature=player_embedded

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahaha, yeah easy one!

    I've been thinking two other modifications as well.

    Bodyblaster: burpee pull-up and continue it with knees to elbows
    Burpee knees to chest (k2c): this is my own creation. Do a burpee and then jump so that your knees hit the chest.

    Must try these out in workouts :)

    ReplyDelete