Friday, October 12, 2012

Thursday 11.10: Front squat + metcons

Thursday. Front squat 4x5 (max 100kg). Metcon 4 rounds of: 20m lunges with bar in a front rack position (40kg) and 30 double unders. Time 6.40. Another metcon: row 500m, skierg 500m. Time 4.08.



First day in Stockholm, together at the gym with Pauliina. The gym was huge and a lot of opportunities. However, there were also about a million people doing their workouts so it was very crowded. I did strength with squats first and then two metcons. Pauliina did her own workouts, focusing on shoulders, chest and back.

Strength. Front squats 4x5 (80+90+100+100kg). I was very happy that I was able to do front squats two sets of 5 reps with 100kg. My personal record is two reps with 105kg so I feel the strength level has increased as I'm able to go for 5 reps with three digit numbers currently. Not bad :)

Metcon. Front squat lunges and double unders, time 6.40.

  • Four rounds of:
  • 20m lunges, with bar in a front rack position
  • 30 double unders
The first movement basically means you hold the bar as you hold it when you do front squats. Then you do lunges with the bar for 20 meters. After that perform 30 DUs. Repeat for a total of 4 rounds. My quads began to burn at the third round, on the fourth they were on fire. Double unders rolled well except on the last round. The third one was the best, 28 reps in a row, almost unbroken! The fourth round with them, however, was not good at all. I tried maybe 3 times to get 10 reps. Then I got those last 20 in a row, I recall.



Metcon. Short metcon. Time 4.40

  • 500m row
  • 500m skierg

At the end I took a very short workout with rowing machine and the skierg. Go for 500 meters with both of them, count the total time. My rowing time was about 1.40min and the skierg was little less than 2.00min. However, the transition took some time, total time was 4.40. I also lost my virginity with a real wall ball, I did some 20-30 reps in total at the box, just trying to get familiar with it. I might have a workout where wall ball is included during this weekend. I'll keep you informed.



Toni's workouts. I got a report from back home that Toni was also giving his everything at the local gym. He took strength training with Joni by bench pressing. Toni's max was 3 reps of 85kg. After that he took a workout consisting of bench press, dips and burpees.

  • 7-6-5-4-3-2-1 bench press (50kg)
  • 1-2-3-4-5-6-7 dips
  • 5 burpees between rounds

His time was 10.48. At the end he also did Tabata training for double unders and sit-ups. Sound like a good day for him!



4 comments:

  1. Short comment: I was on fire! I will post full report in the evening

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning workout: warm up was DU's. My goal is learn to do DU's without any "middle jumps". Before today my pr was three. Today something happened in my brains and I finally figured how to do it. Seven nice du's in a row!

    Then we had the WOD that Don described. I really liked it. It was pure pain for muscles but lots of fun. Bench press went almost unbroken but dips were hard. Burbees were smooth like always :)

    I was so pumped up with adrenaline that I had to force myself away from the gym. But after work I was so weak that I returned to the gym to do some pull ups, deadlift (max 120 kg x 3) and some knees to elbows(5*3). It was my first time with k2e and I'm definitely not the last!

    In that point day was almost perfect so I took my rope and did 11 du's on a row :) (no singles between). Now day was perfect!

    Tomorrow: rowing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I'm happy for you! Sounds like an awesome day!
    Something really snapped in your head with the doubles? And what about the K2Es? You've never done those before, what happened?!

    ReplyDelete