Monday, January 14, 2013

Monday 14.1: Weighted pull-ups, push-ups

Wednesday. Weighted pull-ups 5x5 (max 15kg), weighted push-ups 3x10 (max 20kg).

Today I concentrated on two main areas: pull-ups and push-ups, with a little weight on me. Toni skipped his rest day and joined me at the gym to do some technique training and weighted push-ups.



Pull-ups. 5-5-5-4-4 (10, 12.5, 15, 12.5, 10kg). Last time I did weighted pull-ups was back in autumn, in September and October. For the last month or so, the number of pull-ups I've done, are few. I've had some issues with my elbow(s) so I've tried to minimize their number. I felt good today and I'm having a guilty conscience of not doing them. That's why I needed to go for them today. My goal was to do 5x5, on the last two sets I managed only 4 reps. I did this workout pyramid style, starting and ending in 10kg, reaching 15kg in between.

Push-ups. 3x10 (10, 15, 20kg). Took some sets without any additional weights to start up. Toni suggested to add some bets on this one so we piled some plates on our backs and did some push-ups. I took 3 sets with 10, 15 and finally 20kg. It was an awkward but still nice movement. The best feature I got from this training was the strong reminder of how important it is to do just simple push-ups. You know, pure old school push-ups. I'd better put this on my schedule on a regular basis.

Floorball in the evening.

Toni's workout. He took it light as well. Some technique with snatches and heavy push-ups to the end. I guess he took sets of 5-10 reps with weights between 10-20kg.



Now he did it, Visa, 200kg deadlift. Beastmode: On



1 comment:

  1. This was a good active restday. I was tired from weekends workouts. Tomorrow my legs are going to get some action :-).

    That 200 kg deadlift was amazing!

    ReplyDelete