Sunday, January 6, 2013

Sunday 6.1: Two metcons

Sunday. Two metcons for today. First DU's and burpees. Secondly, Annie. Time 6.31.

The entourage at the gym was larger than normally. Pauliina was there, Toni with his wife and Sami - my bro - as well =) My elbows are still having some troubles so I had to re-plan the original death by clean & jerk. I didn't do any strength training today and went for two metcons instead to put my lungs in test. Some rowing for starters and then I hit the first one.

Metcon. Didn't time this.

  • 4 rounds of
  • 30 double unders
  • 15 burpees

I didn't time the workout at all but still did my share in a similar way as if the clock was running. I went unbroken throughout the burpees but had a few missed reps in the double unders. I've done some changes in my burpee technique lately to go faster and smoother up and down. Previously I used to first put my hands on the ground and then throw my legs straight back. There is one step too much so nowadays once I'm standing straight, I simply drop down and receive my body with both hands and legs simultaneously. I feel I'm saving some seconds with each burpees and especially in a high rep workout like this it's important to find those bottle necks where time can be saved. I also stumbled a couple of times with my jump rope.

Annie. Time 6.31.

  • 50-40-30-20-10
  • Double unders
  • Sit-ups

First encounter with Annie and I liked it. 150 doubles and 150 sit-ups in total. Time 6.31. I wanted to go unbroken with the double unders but unfortunately the first two sets didn't go as planned, maybe 2-3 sets each. At least the last two rounds went unbroken. I didn't have breaks with the sit-ups at all. It was surprising that the pace with my sit-ups went slower till the end. I was determined to go with the same speed from start to the end. I guess the number of reps had an influence =) This was nice workout, no doubt about it. Better top my time some other day.

Toni's workouts. Nice! Death by clean & jerk and Annie.
Death by clean & jerk, 60kg. Result 7 rounds + 2 reps. Total of 30 reps.
Annie. Time 10.40

Take a look at Toni's seventh round

I liked to watch this mister doing his death by training! Total of 7 rounds and 2 reps in top of that. To my eye, it looked like it went easy for 4-5 rounds, then rest times became shorter and it seemed the bar suddenly became heavier. There was a total of 30 reps in 8 minutes for Toni. That is the amount of reps needed for Grace. Some day soon that workout will probably be done by Toni as well?

Sami went for back squat singles as well as bench press singles. He squatted 145kg and pressed 110kg, huh...

Bench press, 110kg, Sami

2 comments:

  1. Crace rx is just around the corner. I'm not that happy about my result in death by clean and jerk. Watching that video makes me almost cry. My form was awful in that last round with seven reps. I really have to focus on keeping my back straight.

    After c % j I did Annie. My time was 10.40 wich is 10 seconds better than last time (18.11.2012)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job Toni, you improved your result with Annie!

    I'm sure you'll drop a minute or two once your metabolic condition improves in the following months. And that Grace, it's knocking already, huh...

    ReplyDelete