Thursday, January 17, 2013

Thursday 17.1: Deadlift metcon

Thursday. Deadlift oriented metcon. Time 12.06.

Toni stayed home today for a rest day. I'm having a dentist in the evening for a wisdom tooth's removal so there's a chance I'm not able to train tomorrow at all. My focus today was to put my heart to the test and see how well I'm able to move weights and my body.



Workout. Time 12.06
  • 2 rounds of
  • 5 deadlifts, 120kg
  • 50 double unders
  • 5 deadlifts, 120kg
  • 35 burpees
  • 5 deadlifts, 120kg
  • 20 box jumps, 64cm
This was exactly what I wanted, a hard core metcon with heart bouncing back and forth, up and down, until I was totally smashed. It took a while to recover, it really sucked all my energy =) Main strength element was semi-heavy deadlift of 120kg, 5 reps each time. Between lifts I took 50 double unders, 35 burpees or 20 box jumps, for two rounds. The number of burpees was that last ingredient that made my cry.

Deadlifts were not bad in this one, they were actually the easiest. Double unders got my breathing go heavy and burpees nailed it. The first round of burpees rolled well but on the second one it felt I haven't done them at all, I was way too slow because of fatigue. It was surprising how much it took energy from me.

Thinking about it, it was a fantastic workout but still very, very nasty. Anyway, this reflects what I'd like my body to master: good metabolic conditioning. I have concentrated quite a lot to strength training lately and these workouts allow me to make good observations of what I want from crossfit and how I should train in the future.


No comments:

Post a Comment