Monday, February 2, 2015

Monday 2.2: Snatch technique, Mobility

Monday. Snatch technique. Mobility.

It was Super Bowl Sunday so I had to watch the game! It's broadcasted in Finland in the middle of the night, the game started at 01.30 am and ended at about 5.00 in the morning. Had time to sleep 2+ hours before the game and couple of hours afterwards. I went to work later than normally but for this reason I decided to lay low this Monday. By the way, it was a heck of a game!




Snatch work.
  • Power snatch
  • Overhead squat
  • Snatch balance
  • Sotts press from back rack
  • Sotts press from front rack
  • Mobility
It turned out to be much greater day than I had anticipated. I thought it would be very small gains but I had a training partner with me that has probably the best mobility in this entire country. I admire his elasticity a lot. He suggested we'd work on some oly stuff with barbell only. At first I wasn't that much into it because I had thought about rowing more today but luckily I jumped aboard.

I worked with hang power snatch but mostly on overhead squats and snatch balance. I did enormous amount of reps and went all the way to the bottom position. Between sets I did mobility drills Benjamin suggested and I felt the change right away. Doing ohs and snatch balance after those mobility workouts it was like my shoulders had been replaced with someone else's. It was awesome to hit bottom position with armpits pointing forward much more easily than regularly.

Gotta work these mobility things on a regular basis. I do mobility every evening anyway so just add some new stuff there. In the end I stretched my legs a lot, and felt very good exiting the gym to the sauna.



No comments:

Post a Comment