Monday, February 2, 2015

Sunday 1.2: Muscle-ups, Snatch, Ohs, Bodyweight

Sunday. Muscle-ups. Emom x 20min. 1st min: power snatch (42.5kg), 2nd min: 10 burpee, 3rd min: 8 ohs (42.5kg), 4th min: 30 du.

Yesterday's wedding party went late so I had to sleep late to get some training on. It was Sunday evening when I finally opened the gym door. It was supposed to be a little easier one and maybe a longer metcon. It changed during the course of the training session.



Gymnastics.
  • Muscle-ups
I forgot my balls home on the muscle-ups. I thought it might be a good idea to do like 20 reps for time. Okay, I did singles every 30 seconds for 3 reps, then took 2 fails, and lots my mojo. Finished it for 5 reps and called it quits.




Workout.
  • Every minute on the minute, for 20 minutes
  • 1st min: 8 power snatch, 42.5kg
  • 2nd min: 10 burpee
  • 3rd min: 8 overhead squat, 42.5kg
  • 4th min: 30 double under
The purpose of the workout was to do bunch of work and keep the intensity moderate, definitely not as high as normally. It's not common for me to put barbell work in a wod like this. Today I thought it might be a good idea to work on my weaknesses with the bar as well. So power snatches and overhead squats were in the game.

As I don't usually do that kind of stuff it was difficult to know how many reps would be suitable. Somehow I ended up with 8 snatch / ohs. Every minute I wanted it to be somewhere around 20 seconds of work and these actually were pretty much there, max 25 seconds on each movement. And the idea was naturally to do them unbroken.


Recap



This one totaled for 20 minutes which means it was 5 rounds of all movements. First round was what I was looking for, light work after lots of heavier training days. Round by round it got tougher. It was obvious these reps are gonna be done but I just felt my body thinking it's getting heavier all the time. I had one miss on the double unders so I punished myself on the last round by doing 50 reps instead of 30.

It was a good workout and I got a chance to really improve on these two weaknesses, snatch and overhead squats.




No comments:

Post a Comment