Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Wednesday 11.2: Squats, Row, Dips, Du's

Wednesday. Strength, back squat 10-10-7-7 (110-115kg). Metcon, 4rds of: 400m row, 10 ring dips, 25 du, 10 ring dips, 25 du. Time, 16.17.

Got to say this was not the most ideal training days I've had. My body didn't turn on at any stage of the training session. It was supposed to be lots of squats but these legs never got ready for those. Metcon afterwards was a good breather and I got lots of ring dips done. As a whole, there's not much to remember from this session though =)




Strength.
  • Back squat 10-10-7-7 (110, 110, 115, 115kg)
These were a nightmare. My legs hurt already after the first set, and after second one I was done. I figured to give it a shot anyway for 2 more sets. Originally this was on vivendilab.com, which is the site maintained by Miranda Oldroyd and the program there said it's 10-10-7-7-5-5-3-3-1-1-1, and each set should be heavy. This felt no good at any stage so I didn't force it but stepped further for a metcon.

Squat recap


Metcon. Time, 16.17
  • 4 rounds of:
  • 400m row
  • 10 ring dips
  • 25 double unders
  • 10 ring dips
  • 25 double unders
My plan was to run but the treadmill was broken. That wasn't a problem, rower was as good or even better. Rowing, ring dips and double unders. At first I thought doing 25 ring dips and 50 double unders but the intensity would have dropped dramatically. Now I was able to maintain intensity pretty well. Didn't go 100% anyway. I was able to walk normally after the wod =)




Rowing was sub 1:50 every round. Had maybe 2 misses on the double unders, other than that they were quite solid effort. On the ring dips I listened to Toni's tips of keeping the torso all the way in hollow rock position. That way my upper body is more vertical and there's somehow better support in the body. Looks more gymnastic. I guess this is the way these are supposed to be done. And they are as strict as they can be.

I did couple of sets unbroken, usually the first ones. Don't quite remember how those sets went but it feels good to have them strong this time.



No comments:

Post a Comment