Sunday, February 1, 2015

Saturday 31.1: Squat, Deadlift, 15min amrap

Saturday. Back squat 6x1 (across 130kg). Deadlift, 5x7 (130-150kg). Metcon, 15min amrap of: 2 power clean (80kg), 8 hspu, 16 box. Result, 236 reps.

It's been busy! Haven't found time to write the specs of my workouts in the last two days. Today we were at friends' wedding party. Good party for sure! I was working out with my bro and his kids Saturday morning. Squats, deads and a metcon. Good session!



Squat.
  • Back squat 1-1-1-1-1-1 (all sets 130kg)
My legs were stiff as rocks as I entered the gym so I figured some squatting might make good to them. Well, I don't know if that was the case. Those squats were not as smooth as I had hoped for but anyway now prob with these singles.


Squats and deads


Pulling.
  • Deadlift 5x7 (130, 135, 140, 145, 150kg)
Last time I pulled heavy my back was sore for a week =) That was a eye opener that there needs to be deadlifts more often. It's balancing between squats and deadlifts and I need to find my compromise between them.




Metcon. Result, 236 reps (9rds + 2 clean)
  • 15min amrap of:
  • 2 power clean, 80kg
  • 8 handstand push-ups
  • 16 box jumps, 61cm
My bro was working out beside me. He did his own programming from Crossfit Invictus Masters program and it sure looked tough. He did two metcons today, first one a combo of t2b's and box jumps for a 5min amrap. The second one was much nastier, 5min amrap of 50kg thrusters and normal burpees, starting at 2 reps and adding 2 more reps after every round. Looked awful.


My program consisted of squats, deadlifts and once my bro left I stayed there to come up with a metcon. I wanted a heavier barbell, and then bodyweight stuff. That bar needed to be something that would not slow down the intensity so it turned to 80kg power clean. Heavy'ish power clean in a metcon, then lots of hspu's in a row. Also, 16 box jumps is quite much.


Recap



I was able to keep up the pace well during the metcon. It was a long 15 minutes. But the pace stayed pretty good throughout the wod and I'm pretty proud of myself. It was somewhere around 1:30-2:00 per round. It felt bad and felt like it's never gonna end. But round by round it went by and finally the clock reached 15 minutes and I was done. Took cleans as singles but everything else went unbroken.




1 comment: