Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Wednesday 25.2: Squats, Ohs, Run

Wednesday. Back squat 5x5 (across 125kg). Metcon, 5 rounds of: 10 ohs (40kg), 400m run.

My body felt okay before entering the gym but now it's more like beaten up. Those squats apparently got to me. Metcon afterwards was not a timed version, just got the stuff done and did some mobility afterwards, handed to me by Kelly Starlett, mr. Mobilitywod.




Strength.
  • Back squat 5x5 (125kg)
Yeah, classic 5's all the way. The weights were predetermined at about 83% of my max loads. Can't deny they got towards heavy in the last 1-2 reps of each set. I'm glad I had locked down the kilos before stepping inside the gym door. There was a chance I would have taken 120kg for 5's. Luckily this happened.

Actually I'm very happy on the way I performed with the squats. Good form all the way, and the package stayed tight in each rep. On my standards these were good reps. Solid effort, last 1-2 reps were kind of a grind in a good way.




Metcon.
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 10 overhead squat, 40kg
  • 400m run
Those got to my lower body pretty well so I took my time to walk around after the 5th set was done. Then couple of overhead squats in my weightlifting shoes to get shoulders and hips ready for what's coming at them. I was about to row and overhead squat but the Concept2 was taken so I had to chance my shoes and sub it to running in nanos. That was a good call. My system enjoyed the running part.

Plus it was great to do ohs in nanos. Big thing. It's always a bit scary to do them as there are still mobility restrictions even though it has gotten enormous leaps forward in the past half a year. I got to the very bottom on these reps, and it felt awesome. Basically I can nowadays hit the absolute deepest depth as I just warm up properly. This is something I'm very proud of because these used to suck big time =)




No comments:

Post a Comment