Thursday, February 26, 2015

Thursday 26.2: Clean and jerk, Burpees

Thursday. Strength, Clean and jerk (max 100kg). Cashout, 100 burpees with partner.

Getting shoulders stronger by having the bar overhead. Okay, clean and jerk develops the entire body, extremely holistic movement. That was the main ingredient today, and basically all I did. Some burpees in the end together with Pauliina. And my buddy Jasper hit a new PR on the deadlift, congrats mister, good battle!



Strength.
  • Clean and jerk
  • 3x3 @ 60% (62.5kg)
  • 2x3 @ 65% (67.5kg)
  • 2x2 @ 70% (72.5kg)
  • 1x2 @ 75% (77.5kg)
  • 1x1 @ 80% (85kg)
  • 1x1 @ 85% (90kg)
  • 1x1 @ 90% (95kg)
  • 1x1 @ 95% (100kg)
On those first couple of weight sets I changed the style on both cleans and jerks. I changed between power and squat cleans, and between push jerks and split jerks. These lifts were mostly singles to focus on quality on each and every rep. One or two light set were touch'n'go style. Those get my breathing go a bit faster and I needed that for warm up in the beginning.

There were a total of 12 sets of which last 4 reps were a bit heavier. Some of those lighter ones had some issues because honestly the bar was too light. I jerked it with explosiveness and it felt like it's getting away from my hands. It went too fiercely upwards and I lost full control of the barbell. There were 1-2 reps that I wasn't fully happy with as they didn't look similar to each other. I'd like to see every rep look like the one before, no matter the weight.

The heavier it got, the better it got. The second last rep was probably the best I had, at 95kg which is 90% of my max load. There was a slight press on the 100kg with my left arm which was a bit of a bummer. I wanted to lock out immediately but on the other hand, I'm very happy on completing this weight. It's big load for me, I haven't had 100kg over my head more than couple of times in my life. Haven't kept record of that but if I had to guess, I'd say it's been there 3 times. So making this lift was great!




Cashout.
  • 100 burpees with Pauliina
  • Alternating after each 5 reps
We were pretty much done with Pauliina on our training session but some extra work in the end tasted good. Nothing serious, 5 reps per person, then high fives and the other one hit chest to deck. You go - I go - after every 5 reps. This felt good. My heart rate stayed low for the entire time but it felt good to get body temperature higher.




No comments:

Post a Comment