Sunday, January 24, 2016

Saturday 23.1: Lunges, Squat, Kb, Bodyweight, Accessory

Saturday. Metcon, 10min amrap of: 10-15 kb oh lunges (2x16kg), 10-15 push-ups, 10-15 t2b. Metcon, 3rds of: 5 back squat @ 125kg + max set of hspu's. Accessory, 4rds of: 15 back rack lunges @ 50-60kg + ghd accessories.

It was a busy day on Saturday and I really got to the gym only at around 7-8pm. That was kind of a weird feeling getting there that late. Anyway, the session was a success even though my wrist is killing me. Have to think about the movements a lot now in order not to stress it too much.



Metcon. Result, 5rds
  • 10min amrap of:
  • 10-15 kettlebell overhead lunges @ 2x16kg bells
  • 10-15 push-ups
  • 10-15 toes-to-bar
This was my warm-up metcon. Every time I have programmed one with the same ideology they still make me feel heavy. I started by doing 15 reps each movement and then after 2 rounds changed it to 10 reps on every element. It was probably the first time doing overhead lunges with two kettlebells. At least with this weight. Spectacular movement for sure! It would be nice to try heavier too if I found some bells for that purpose.

It came as a surprise how much that static pressure burned my shoulders. Or maybe that was not the surprise part but doing push-ups right after turned out much more challenging than normally. And the amount of reps was very modest on that one. T2b's went nicely but had to drop the amount there too to get them ub.




Wod.
  • 3 rounds of:
  • 5 back squat @ 125kg
  • Max set of handstand push-ups (15-11-11 reps)
  • Rest 2min between sets
Decided to mix heavier squats with gymnastics movement. Very good combo. Never have I done this type of stuff. Pretty much like a strength set and bodyweight moves right away. I thought about doing 10 hspu's on each set, then at some point I figured 12 reps. It turned out I went for max set on each round. First was 15 reps, then 11 on the last 2 rounds.




Accessory.
  • 4 rounds of:
  • 15 back rack walking lunges @ 50-60kg (2 sets each)
  • Ghd accessories, 10 reps with weights + 10 reps bodyweight
  • Rest as needed between sets
Lunges are great. Rarely do I get a chance to walk straight forward with a barbell on my back at the gym. There are always people doing their work. During the weekends the probability to get an empty grass matt. Lunges felt good. The second element of this accessory stuff is easier to show in video. Take a look at the clip above. I did bunch of reps with a barbell, then dropped it and finished with 10 bodyweight reps.



No comments:

Post a Comment