Wednesday, January 27, 2016

Wednesday 27.1: Pistols, Pull-ups, Snatch

Wednesday. Metcon, 15min amrap: 10 pistols, 10 pull-ups, 10 db snatch @ 30kg. Result, 214 reps.

This was a one-metcon day and it was definitely enough for me. Wrist is still nagging so I still need to select what elements can be done. It was a positive thing that dumbbell snatches were okay!



Metcon.
  • 15min as many repetitions as possible of:
  • 10 pistol squats
  • 10 pull-ups
  • 10 dumbbell snatches @ 30kg, alternating after each rep
Pistol squats are always a good choice. Last time when there were pistols in my metcon couple of days ago those rolled pretty nicely. That encouraged me to throw them into today's wod as well. Pistols were alright, heavy but went unbroken with them in sets of 10 reps per round.

This was third day in a row of pull-ups. Okay, the volume hasn't been huge in the previous days. This is a movement that you can never do too much and these don't bother my wrist at all so why not do them a bit more now. These were unbroken too.



But those dumbbell snatches. Don't know why I picked up a 30k db… Okay 10 reps at lighter weight would have forced me to do more pistols and pull-ups. That would have changed the nature of the workout. On the other hand I'm very happy with being able to move this heavy 1-arm db snatch. In the first rounds I did these unbroken, and at some point started to do them in 6 reps, then a pause, and finish the last 4 reps.

I believe those snatches wore me out big time. The effect didn't focus in one place at all but it was a general fatigue that those brought. They gassed me pretty well and it wasn't a very tempting idea to start pistol squatting right away. Transitions in this wod started to get longer towards the end. Very good metcon.



No comments:

Post a Comment