Saturday, January 9, 2016

Saturday 9.1: Clean, Squats, Jerk, Box, Ghd

Saturday. Emom x 10min (up to 110kg). Emom x 10min (up to 138kg). Metcon, 6rds of: 5 jerk (60kg), 10 box, 15 ghd. Time, 9.50.

We took a cruise to Stockholm, Sweden the past couple of days so there were two absolute rest days, on Thursday and Friday. I was pumped up to get to the gym today! Needed to get some oly and squats done. Right after I jumped to a metcon of s2o's, box jumps and core work. It was an intense session, took me 43 minutes to finish the whole stuff (plus warm-up). Plan was to keep the clock running from the first cleans to the end of the metcon.



Oly.
  • Every minute on the minute x 10 minutes
  • Clean singles (80, 90, 95, 100, 100, 105, 105, 108, 108, 110kg)
It was great to get my hands on a barbell for some real lifting. Started at light weight, climbing up every minute. Took singles pretty much all the way. 60-70kg triples were done just before the first singles. These felt goo all the way. Tried to get my feet in the air on the 80-90kg lifts in the beginning.




Strength.
  • Every minute on the minute x 10 minutes
  • Back squat singles (100, 110, 120, 125, 130, 130, 130, 133, 133, 135kg)
It took me 4 minutes to get the squat rack ready to go and work the weights up to 100kg. Took some lighter reps prior to that. Then it was singles for the next 10 minutes. Heaviest weight stayed at 135kg this time.



Metcon. Time, 9.50
  • 6 rounds of:
  • 5 shoulder-to-overhead @ 60kg
  • 10 box
  • 15 ghd sit-ups
This was a lot of fun. Was able to keep moving constantly on each round. This got done right before 10 minutes. Jerks felt kind of funny in the beginning as I didn't warm-up on having a barbell overhead before this workout. This weight is not that serious so I can keep moving it anyway. It started to feel better and more natural by the round.




Box jumps went smoothly. Ghd's got surprisingly spicy towards the end. Maybe somewhere about 4th round I felt the burn. But I do have a rather strong core so those didn't slow me down. I'm happy on being able to keep the pace up.







No comments:

Post a Comment