Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Tuesday 26.1: Row, Ghd, Pull-ups, Deads, Box

Tuesday. Chipper, 500m row, 40 ghd, 30 pull-ups, 40 ghd, 500m row. Time, 9.17. Metcon, 21-15-9 of: deads (100kg), box. Time, 3.20. Accessory, double kb front rack squats.

Tuesday's have lately been reserved mostly for conditioning pieces. It was a two part session. Both were awesome metcons for sure. The latter was a classic stuff, old school version of pulls and box jumps.




Chipper.

  • 500m row
  • 40 ghd sit-ups
  • 30 pull-ups
  • 40 ghd sit-ups
  • 500m row
Row, core and pull-ups, that was the name of the game. And the "thing" was definitely the ghd sit-ups. Rowing pace was at around 1:45 on both in the beginning and in the end. Ghd's were 26-14 on the first time. Could have done them unbroken but the possible gains didn't top the possible risks in my head. So I took a short break and finished the last reps. Nice to see that this was easy set.



Ghd's made me breathe but pull-ups were alright. I went 20 unbroken to start them, then dropped and finished them in 4-3-3 reps with small breaks between. They got surprisingly hard towards the last reps. The real thing in this workout was the second part of ghd sit-ups. It wasn't ok to fight for similar sets as in the first round. Instead, I went 4x10. Core and hip flexors felt the burden. After those rowing felt a bit awkward but after couple of strokes I got a good hold of it and was able to get to a good pace.

Kb squats


Metcon. Compare to 28.5.2013. Time 3.20


  • 21-15-9 of:
  • Deadlift @ 100kg
  • Box jumps
It felt like I'm not ready for the second workout very soon. After walking around and chit chatting a while I got my head back in the game and took some warm-up lifts on the pulls. Just 130kg's for a triple but that helped to get oriented towards the work load ahead.

This is classical workout that seems to repeat in different competitions. It's been at least in some year's Crossfit Regionals, and I've done this myself before too. Pulls were unbroken on the first round, that was a nice surprise. Okay, it should be ub but it's been a while since deadlifting a barbell in general and for longer sets especially. I thought it might get more spicy but that was good. Box jumps felt sticky as my legs were jello already before this workout =)

On the second round of deads I went 9-6 and the last round was unbroken. Box jumps were steady pace sets each round. I'm happy on the way I was able to go through this one. It felt horrible in my legs. Lower body has been in a good test in the last week or more and it's gonna continue as it's not possible to push or jerk weights or even bodyweight currently. That's why I need to pay attention to the programming now, and it's natural that legs are going to get the most attention.




Accessory.

  • Double kettlebell front rack squats
  • 5 reps @ 2x16kg
  • 5 reps @ 2x24kg
  • 5 reps @ 2x28kg
  • 5 reps @ 2x28kg
  • 5 reps @ 2x28kg
  • 5 reps @ 2x28kg
  • 10 reps @ 2x28kg

Something new and fun to finish the session.


No comments:

Post a Comment