Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Tuesday 12.1: Intervals of Row and Burpees

Tuesday. 1min of, 1min off, for 20min: row. Emom x 6min: 10 burpee max speed.

Today's agenda was intervals or speed work, however you wanna say that. This hurt. My legs were sore from Monday's cleans, front squats and thrusters. That was a lot of squats with a barbell on front rack, and it definitely feels in my lower body.



Intervals.

  • 1min on, 1min off, for 20 minutes
  • Max effort row
Rowing is a nice element for intervals as the body is prepared for work quite soon. Didn't need that much warm-up before I was able to sit down on that Concept2 and go after those strokes. I kept the damper setting at 8 which is the normal setting for me. My usual go to choice. When going for very short intervals I might go for 9-10 but other than that I keep it at around 8. This was a total of 10 minutes of rowing at fast speed so it was a no-brainer choice.

First minutes went nicely but somewhere at 4th interval I realized it's gonna be painful to finish this one. I suppose this was stolen from the great Aussie - Khan Porter - who posted it on Instagram. He suggested it might be a fun one. It was, smashed my legs good time.




Bodyweight.

  • Every minute on the minute x 6 minutes
  • Burpees, max effort

Took some rest to recover, then hit my chest to deck for some burpees. Ten burpees per minute. As such it might not be that bad but the goal was to go as fast as possible in every single set. All out effort. These took me about 20 seconds to finish. Having my legs killed didn't help that much. It still felt great to get a good heart rate instantly. Six minutes was enough of this agony.






No comments:

Post a Comment