Monday, June 15, 2020

Friday 12.6: Run, strict pull-ups, box step-ups

Friday. Amrap 30min: run 400m, 10 strict pull-ups, 12 box step-ups @ 2x25kg db's.

Lately I have been running up and down the street and done strict pull-ups more than regularly. Can't quite say where that comes from. Maybe those are not my strengths so I have tried to improve on those areas. Plus on the other hand, it's quite convenient nowadays as my warm-up is rather quick so I can just start pedalling on the run to start the workout.




Wod. Result, 7 rounds
  • Amrap 30 minutes of:
  • 400m run
  • 10 strict pull-ups
  • 12 box step-ups @ 2x25kg dumbbells
This turned out to be somewhat mean. The feeling on this home street running is interesting as it feels much better on the first 200 meters. Then as I turn around and return home on that slight elevation, it always feels much tougher than the way back. Plus the wind naturally blows in my face on the way back.

So I tried to shake my hands on the run couple of times so that I could go and jump on the pull-up bar pretty much right away when I come back. On the first round or two it was unbroken. The following rounds it was 8 reps unbroken, then drop down, and complete the last 2 reps.

But the real struggle was the db box step-ups. I couldn't decide what style I would do on them so I started the workout with 2x15kg dumbbells on front rack position and completed 20 reps. That didn't bring the stimulus I wanted so I changed the method for the second round, and completed 14 box step-ups with 25kg db's. The amount of repetitions felt very taxing so I dropped it to 12 (6/6) reps per round with 25kg dumbbells hanging in my arms. That's where I stayed till the end. These burned my grip and somehow it was a good burned to the entire body for the entire time I had the db's in my hands. After dropping them I went straight to running. Good workout in total!









No comments:

Post a Comment