Thursday, June 25, 2020

Wednesday 24.6: Row, jerk, burpees

Wednesday. Wod, 50-35-20 of: Row calories, push jerk @ 50kg and burpees. Time, 26.10

It was the hottest day of the summer. Somewhere around 30 degrees. That's rare in Finland so it was sweaty business for sure. I got a chance to work out in the afternoon when it was the hottest part of the day. Felt quite awful after the workout. Weather definitely had its effect today.




Wod. Time, 26.10
  • 50-35-20 of:
  • Row calories
  • Push jerk @ 50kg
  • Burpees
I had my doubts on this one prior to the start but decided to just hit it without stress. Especially those burpees crawled in to my mind. How would 105 reps feel like in the end of the workout in this climate. I kept the pace on the rower somewhere around 1:55 / 500m pace and just tried to keep the pace steady throughout the workout. No need to save couple of seconds and burn myself in such a short distance. The focus was on jerks and burpees.

On the first set of jerks (50 reps) I did them something like 15+10+10+8+7 reps. Not sure though anymore. I think my brains melted during the process. Second round was probably 10+10+8+7 reps, and the last one was completed in two sets. Yep, those burned my shoulders and made my breathing heavy.

It was not fun to throw myself on the ground for burpees right after this. There is no other option on the burpees but to pace yourself and keep moving. I'm telling you those burpees Felt very nasty. Both on the first and second round because the volume was rather high per round. Last round Felt mentally better (even though physically awful) because I saw the light at the end of the tunnel.

I had to hydrate myself a lot after the workout and during the evening. Recovery drinks, coconut water, lemon water and just water. Lots of fluids, and an ice cream with the family downtown.




No comments:

Post a Comment