Saturday, June 20, 2020

Monday 15.6: Intervals (hspu, du, burpees)

Monday. Intervals, 8 sets of: 15/12 hspu, 40 du, 8 burpees.

Okay, it was cool and stuff to play with those 2-pood bastards but let them be for a while. It was time for something else. Intervals seemed like a good plan in what seemed to be the hottest day of the summer this far.





Intervals.
  • Every 4 minutes for 8 sets, complete:
  • 15 / 12 handstand push-ups
  • 40 double unders
  • 8 burpees
I wanted to burn my shoulders big time. Mission accomplished. I'm very happy on the amount of handstand push-ups I got during this session. Started with 16 reps on the wall, and last for 4 rounds with this pace. I figured there is still 4 more to go so I had to come down a bit. That drop was perfect to keep the intensity of the workout.

It was another victory to complete 40 double unders for each of the 8 intervals. On the first two rounds I had one hick up on each of the rounds but from then on it was unbroken all the way. That felt superb as my jump rope has hung on the wall for couple of months lately. That is not the easiest of movements to me. I mean I can knock some reps for sure but it taxes my shoulders a lot and I have to jump higher than I believe should be necessary. But I ain't got the tools to fix that. After the workout my left calf cramped and that affected the next day as well.

Burpees sealed the deal on each of the rounds. Very good conditioning piece and the burn on the shoulders was real. Liked it!




No comments:

Post a Comment