Thursday, June 25, 2020

Thursday 25.6: Training with Sipa

Thursday. Reverse lunges 7x3. Weighted pull-ups 5x3. Pair wod, 4 rounds of: 20 clean and jerks @ 60kg, 50 pull-ups. Time, 16.10



Yesterday my legs were stiff and hurt like hell in the morning, due to that 10min amrap of lunges. I thought yesterday evening how my body would hold on this Thursday as my big brother was supposed to come here to hit it with me. Those sessions usually build up to be quite heavy sessions.




Lunges.
  • Reverse lunges 7x3 (both legs) @ 40, 50, 60, 70, 77, 83, 88kg
This was probably the first time I did this kind of lower body strength training. This was part of my brother's program so I respected that and completed these reverse lunges with pleasure. Plus my back is really starting to feel good and it's about time to start hitting lower body properly. Lunges Felt like a great way to start that compared to regular squats. I'm still a bit careful to hit normal squats under heavy weights.




I had no idea of the weights so it was good that Sipa led the way with defining the loads. The rep scheme 7x3 meant it was a triple on both legs on each set so a total of 6 reps per set. The gym floor is not perfectly solid and balanced. Still, it was well under control for both of us.



Pull-ups.
  • Weighted pull-ups 5x3 @ 10, 15, 20, 25, 28kg
Okay, I have done a lot of strict pull-ups in the past week, couple of hundreds. It was nice to do some weighted versions for a while and to see if I can do those. We did triples up to 28kg. That was heavy. Limit is somewhere around there. Max 30kg maybe. Let's see if I do those more, can't decided yet.





Wod. Time, 16.10
  • 4 rounds of:
  • 20 clean and jerks @ 60kg
  • 50 pull-ups
This was the thing we were both kind of most nervous of. First two pieces were more strength oriented but this was supposed to make us breath heavy and the weather was very hot and heavy. Clean and jerks and pull-ups, what a combination. We carried these c&j's in 3's or 4's from start to end. Pull-ups were 15+10 reps for both each round. In the last round I did some show offing by completing my share unbroken, all 25 reps.


It was a blast to hit it again with my brother. Don't know any better way to spend family time than moving barbells and bros, and suffer together for a while. Thanks to my big bro for these sessions!





No comments:

Post a Comment