Monday, June 15, 2020

Sunday 14.6: Row, Farmer's walk

Sunday. Amrap 40 minutes of: 500m row, 200m farmer's walk @ 2 x 32kg kettlebells.

I was eager to train more with those kettlebells. The weather was and has been perfect lately so I wanted to take advantage of the park in the back yard. There's abotu 150m long grass park, and I have used that as my training platform a lot in the past years. So I carried the concept2 rower to the back yard and carried the bells around the park.




Workout. Result, 8 rounds
  • Amrap 40 minutes of:
  • 500m row
  • 200m farmer's walk @ 2 x 32kg kettlebells
Rowing was somewhere around 1.50 - 1.55 on those 8x500m slots. That was not the key of this workout. The goal on that element was purely to keep moving. The thing was those carries. There is also an elevation in the park. A bit downhill on the first 200 meters, and a slight uphill on the way back.

I grabbed the bells and was able to carry them unbroken on the first leg of the race. Dropped them after 200 meters, shook my hands, and headed back home. I walked maybe 60% of the lengt and then had to loose the tension in my forearms and recover my grip strength. It felt bad to carry them and it didn't help as I entered deeper and deeper in to the workout. It was a good long wokrout




No comments:

Post a Comment