Sunday, June 21, 2020

Friday 19.6: Pull-ups

Friday. Strict pull-ups, 10 x 9 reps. With and without vest.

It was kind of supposed to be a recovery day. Or at least I had not planned to hit anything. But then again, there was a good time slot, body felt okay and the weather was beautiful so there was practically no other chance but to do at least something.




Pulls.
  • 10 x 9 reps strict pull-ups
  • 5 sets with 9kg weight vest
  • 5 sets without vest
I'v done a ton of pull-ups lately. Mostly strict. Maybe only strict in the past weeks. All due to my lower back nagging a bit so I have had to modify my training. I'd love to squat a lot but that has not been the case this summer, at least by far. In the beginning strict pull-ups felt awful, somehow the mechanics of the movement felt awkward as hell, and I had to pause in the bottom position. I've done chin-ups and normal pull-ups. More chin-ups in the beginning but I'm glad I changed the grip at some point.

Today I had my weight vest on for the first half of the sets. First 5 sets with a 9kg added weight vest. Had no idea how that might feel like so it was a great feeling to knock a 9 rep in the beginning. I didn't plan 9 reps beforehand but just hopped on and wanted to see what happens. I figured there's no point in using every single juice I have on the first set as there were many tom come still. So I stayed fot that same rep scheme and completed 5 sets this way. Then tossed the vest away and did the same thing with just bodyweight. Great way to get a nice volume.




No comments:

Post a Comment