Sunday, June 14, 2020

Thursday 11.6: Metcon + Metcon

Thursday. AM. Metcon, 6rds of: 9 jerk @ 50kg, 30 du, 12 t2b. PM. Metcon, 5 rds of: 12 hspu, 12 burpee, 20 box. Time, 13.10

It happened to be a day of two metcons / sessions. Definitely didn't write this beforehand bĂșt it somehow felt for the right thing to do. Day was hot and I was done after the first session. Like I had time for more work. These days before summer leave have been super busy so I got to squeeze in whatever I get. Considering that, it's awesome that I got a chance to hit it twice today.



Wod.
  • 6 rounds of:
  • 9 push jerk @ 50kg
  • 30 double unders
  • 12 toes-to-bar's
This was created on the go. I figured writing the number of reps on each movement so that I would knock them unbroken. And I did. This felt like a classic crossfit workout. Don't quite know what was the easiest or toughest part of the workout. It just accummulated in the course of the workout. Didn't have a clock running on this one. No idea how long it took.






Wod. Time, 13.10
  • 5 rounds of:
  • 12 handstand push-ups
  • 12 burpees
  • 20 box jumps
This one was different. It hurt all the way. Hspu's started to see some real struggle in the last rounds. I fought them unbroken on each round but the very next round could have been broken if the workout had lasted longer. Luckily it didn't. I programmed this intentionally so that I would smash some shoulders first on the hspu's, and then right after same amount of burpees to make those shoulders feel sorry for themselves. It succeeded.

Back in the days I did a lot of box jumps and at least I remember those didn't burn me. Nowadays the gym looks a bit different and there may come eras where I don't do box jumps nor double unders. So that means to say box jumps burn much more energy from my body compared to the first couple of years of crossfit. I'd say this was a great workout, and I felt great to hit two workouts a day.




No comments:

Post a Comment