Monday, June 8, 2020

Sunday 7.6: Run, Bar mu, bench, bent over row + Jerk, lunges, du

Sunday. AM. Wod of running and bar mu's. Bench 5x6 @ 75kg. Bent over rows. PM. Wod, 8 rounds of 8 jerk @ 50kg, 16 lunges, 30 du. Time, 17min

It wa was a happy day. Two training sessions in one day. In the morning I did bodyweight workout and then upper body strength training. In the evening I had no other choice but to hit another workout as I had some free time because the oldest kid was with grandma and grandpa. It's only natural to train a bit more if I have some spare time.



Wod. Time, 18.30
  • Wod, 5 rounds of:
  • 400m run
  • 8 bar muscle-ups
Warm-up was quite short so I went for the run and reckoned I would probably get going on quite alright during that first run. Some chalk in my hands and went up in the pull-up bar. It's been a while since doing bar mu's so I really didn't have any idea how these would feel like. I thought maybe 4-5 reps would be realistic. So it definitely was a hugely positive surprise to knock 8 reps unbroken. I could have squeezed 1-2 reps for sure but I thought there are many laps still to be completed so I gotta leave something in the tank on the first round of a workout.

This rolled very good as I was able to get 6 reps each round except the third round where I did 5 reps "only". This workout was a great confident booster on this movement. The volume grew to big measures. Especially my hands usually rip somehere around 25 reps. So I was in awe that they only got torn somewhere around 37 reps. But of course they had to




Strength.
  • Bench press 5x6 @ 75kg
  • Bent over row, 12+12 reps @ 25kg dumbbells, with pause on top
I still had time so bench felt like a good idea. Afterwards, still some bent over rows to maximize the burn in upper body. I'm telling you, it hurts now as I'm writing this on Monday evening. Actually my body hurts pretty much all over the upper body.



Wod.  Time, 17min
  • Wod, 8 rounds 
  • 8 push jerk @ 50kg
  • 16 reverse lunges
  • 30 double unders
In the evening I still had some extra time so it felt great to just step outside and enjoy my own home training box which is like a normal crossfit gym. The only difference is that I do have a "no drop" policy around here. Except if I'll carry my gym matts to the drive way. Then there are no limits whatsoever.

On the workout itself I'm very happy those double unders rolled quite nicely. its's been ages since doung them last time.




No comments:

Post a Comment